What is RQIA’s Web Portal?
RQIA’s Web Portal opens up an additional channel into RQIA - giving you increased control of your information and greater efficiency in meeting your regulatory requirements.
It is an online web portal, allowing you to view and submit information regarding your service, including:
• Reporting and tracking notifiable incidents to RQIA (i.e. Form 1a, 1b, 2)
• Downloading and returning reports and Quality Improvement Plans (QIPs)
• Completing post inspection questionnaires
• Performing registration processes (including new registrations, manager variation, changes to registered provider, adding partners, notification of absence, cancellation, and variation)
• Create and manage your own sub users to perform the above functions
To view a series of training videos about Web Portal, visit RQIA's Youtube Channel
What support will be available?
The results from our testing phase gives us confidence that the Web Portal system is straightforward in its design and use, but we appreciate that additional help is always required at the launch of any new system.
Following stakeholder feedback, this additional help is available through a number of methods:
• Regular free training sessions will be held in both the Omagh and Belfast RQIA sites, where service staff can book onto one of these sessions.
• A dedicated telephone helpdesk will be operating for Web Portal - a single stop for all Web Portal related queries.
• Self-help will be available both through context specific help designed into each section of the Web Portal
• A growing bank of video tutorials addressing common questions
I am the registered Provider of multiple sites, how will the Web Portal cater for me? Can multiple users exist for my service?
All providers and managers will receive a single log on to the Portal. This will give you secure access to all appropriate services that you are responsible for (so if you are the provider of five services, all five services are available through a single log on).
Registered Managers and Providers can then delegate certain responsibilities to additional users that they create (so for example, a deputy manager can be given access to log notifications on one service but not another).
What if I have additional queries?
As Web Portal rolls out to your service, we will communicate further detail about all aspects of the process. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact Insa Osterhus with any questions.
Where can I access training videos for Web Portal?
How do I book onto a training event?
Training events are scheduled to run on specific dates and require pre-registration. To view a list of training dates, click here